Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Connect Four Championships 2010

I can proudly say I'm a connect four master - so to all of you who hold the high titles right now, watch out.

The apprentice always outdoes the master.
You may think connect four is child's play, a simple game of fit the circles in the grid.
So far from the truth. If you dust off the connect four (I assume the original in yellow?) that's been sprawled out in the garage, slowly being crushed under the box of halloween decorations, you'll see that this game requires a ton of logical skill and strategy. Connect Four is like watching Brasil play The Netherlands. You're thinking... of course Brasil's got it in the bag - five world cups versus none? There's no contest. But then the Dutch show that they've got some serious cajones.  Connect Four, although you wouldn't think so, requires serious cajones. The weak don't make it far in this game...

I don't know if that made any sense. It was my first attempt at a sports reference.

My alter ego, Amelia Katarina, will definitely be ready for the next championship. She's in intensive training until next year.

In other news...Genevieve posted another picture from our shoot over the summer, which made me really excited. I hope she doesn't kill me for posting this, but my reasoning is more people we know look at facebook than read this blog at the moment.

Isn't it beautiful? I love what she did with the colors. They are so bright, while the picture itself looks a little anxious/sad. I wondered what it would look like without such shocking colors, or different shocking colors...here's the result.


The ones that are tinted look so ethereal (I went a little crazy with the last one.) I still like Genevieve's editing job the best, but I had fun playing around.

Also, song I learned on the piano (and giant xylophone) this weekend: Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis.


Can someone teach me how to dance like that?

1 comment: