Sunday, August 29, 2010

Astronauts VS. Accountants

Reasons why I am in love with Mad Men:


1. 
Don: "Of course you do know there are different kinds of accountants."
Shelly: "Are there?"
Don: "Tell them what we do."
Sal: "I don't know, Bill."
Don: "Well I'm going to have to swear you all to secrecy."
Sal: "You can't guarantee that."
Don: "You're right."
Shelly: "Well someone just brought everything to a screeching halt"
Lorelei: "We'll be good."
Don: "You ever heard of James Hoffa?"
Shelly: "You know I don't just throw away newspapers every day, I also read them."
Don: "There is a lot of money missing."
Sal: "And they don't really keep receipts."
Pilot: "So you're a couple of G-men."
Don: "No, we're accountants."

2.
Don: "Who is this moron flying around space, I mean, he pees in his pants."

Now you may be thinking to yourself - why would she hate astronauts and love accountants when the name of the blog she writes on is called Poprocks and Astronauts? I'll tell you why.
I don't hate astronauts. I love astronauts and accountants equally, but when you and a good friend are playing an improv game and the battle between accountants and astronauts begins, and you oh so kindly let her choose her side first - you have to defend the underdog. It's more fun anyway.
Reason #2 is actually something I came up with on my own when throwing back and forth insults before I started watching the show. So proud.

Did you know an accountant invented bubblegum? And who counts all of the Oscar votes? That's right.


I miss Sal!




Also, vote for my friend's dad, he wants to be on Mad Men. Here's the video that goes along with his entry:

No comments:

Post a Comment