Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sup, bloggers?

Greetings chicos and chicas. I'm just going to take two seconds to explain what exactly Poprocks and Astronauts is: this is a blog where Crystal and I (and the friends that want to join us on our blog adventure) will talk about music, movies, writing, art, and all the thing we love, and you love, and the world loves.

We especially adore artistic eye candy, outrageous stories, and taking pictures on properties that we don't own:




























To get started, I could write a list of my top ten favorite rock stars/hair metal music videos/90s girl Wicca films/awkward underwater sports...

But instead, I'm going to keep it classy with my top 7 favorite dirrrty dancing moments (that's right, one for each mortal sin). Oh baby oh baby.

1. ELVIS
Uh huh.

2. Liv Tyler pole dancing in Aerosmith's video, "Crazy"



Nepotism is funny; if the Tylers were stock brokers, Steven Tyler would be like, "Liv, darling, come file some stuff at the office, honeybuns." But when you're in Aerosmith, it's definitely more like, "Yo Liv, come be a stripper." Ugh, I love rock n' roll.

3. XTINAAAA

The queen of dirrrty dancing herself. If Gaga and XTINAAA threw a party together, the Vatican would probably just explode.

4. Jimi Hendrix performing "Wild Thing"

This video is one of the best things I've ever seen in my entire life, and it's not really dirrrrty but I sorta just felt like including it (and there are some suggestive hip gyrations). I don't know how to embed video but here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PShb9YiCEy0
If you haven't seen it, please watch it and love it. He is too cool. It's so special and amazing; words do not suffice.

5. Dirty Dancing

How could I not add Dirty Dancing...this movie's bomb. I love it.

6. BOWIE

If aliens can really shake their groove thangs that well, we should definitely amend our relations with extraterrestrials. Why be afraid when they're clearly so shmexy plexy?

7. WHEN CAT DANCES ON A TABLE IN "10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU"

Best movie ever. 'Nuff said.

See ya next time y'alls!

No comments:

Post a Comment